I was thinking of ways I could write a blog post introducing myself, so you could get to know me a little bit better. I figured what better way than to make a list of ten things that you should know about me!
So without further ado… here is a list of ten things you should know about me!
- I am a woman of faith! I put this first on my list because I have always wanted Jesus, and my faith to be what defines me the most. My hope is that everyone who meets me can see the goodness of God shining through my personality.
- I am the oldest child. It’s just me and my “little” brother he is 16, and taller than me. I love being the oldest because I can hopefully save my brother from making some of the mistakes I did when I was his age. I think the best part about having a sibling is that I will always have a built in best friend, whether he likes it or not haha
- I’m studying to become a personal trainer. If you read my last blog post “my fitness journey” (if you haven’t read it yet, you can check it out here: https://jocelyntaylor.com/2020/06/08/my-fitness-journey/ ) you know that I absolutely love being in the gym and lifting weights. So I decided that I was going to study to become certified as a personal trainer! I am so excited to eventually be able to work with clients and help them achieve their fitness goals.
- I love Disney. I grew up watching Disney Channel, I actually wanted to be Hannah Montana when I was little! When I was nine my parents took me to Disneyland for the first time, and I have been hooked ever since. I am thinking that I will eventually write a whole series about Disneyland, and how I go about planning my trips!
- I love animals. I know that sounds really generic… I mean seriously who could not love animals? But I honestly think I like animals more than people at times. My family has, two pygmy goats that we just call goats, five cats named; Battle, Buck, Duck, Swiper, and Panther. A chicken named Fred, a rabbit named Thumper, and a German Shepherd named Lexi! (that’s a lot of animals I know)
6. I want to visit all 50 states! I am so lucky to live in such an amazing Country, and I know that there is so much to explore and see. I hope to visit all 50 states before I turn 30!
7. My favorite TV show right now is Game of Thrones. I’m not gonna lie, I was very late to this whole GOT trend, but better late than never right?
8. My favorite color is yellow! I love the color yellow for many reasons, but mostly because it is such a happy color. I just find that it’s hard to feel sad when I am surrounded by the color yellow.
9. I am a plant mom. Right now I have around 19 houseplants, and many more to come! The first houseplant I ever bought was a fiddle leaf fig tree, and I just haven’t stopped buying house plants since. (Keep an eye out for a Youtube video and blog post talking about all of my plants and how I care for them!)
10. I genuinely love life. Life isn’t always easy, or even fun, but I still love my life. I am so blessed to have such an amazing family, and group of friends. I know that every day is a day I’ve never seen before. If I have learned one thing over the course of my life, is that life is just unpredictable. You never know what’s going to happen or if you might lose a loved one. As my Papa used to say “every day is a holiday”.