Someone please tell me that I am not the only one who gets incredibly anxious when “where do you see yourself in five years?” “what do you want to do with your life?” “do you have a ten year plan?”.
Those are all questions that I have been asked, and my responses were always, “oh you know, probably working, it would be nice to get married and have kids at some point too.”
Well today, I am going to list my top ten, ten year goals.
Its hard to think that in then years I will be 30, times seems to move so fast and unbearably slow all simultaneously.
- My first goal for the next ten years, is to be able to make blogging/YouTube my full time job. I know that’s a pretty lofty goal, and that some would say unrealistic. While that may be true, I know that I can do virtually anything that I set my mind to.
- Own a home. I hope that by the time I am 30 that I own a house. I know that being a homeowner comes with a lot of responsibility, and that it would be much easier to just rent a home, because the repairs and maintenance are the homeowners responsibility. I don’t think I would ever really feel at home living in another persons house.
- Travel to all 50 states. America is the best country in the world, and has so much beauty and history to see.
- Get married. This isn’t something that I can do on my own, or that I really have much control over, but when I think of my future in ten years, I think about being married, and having kids.
- Have a few cows, I know its random, but I really want a pet cow. No I couldn’t ever eat them. Yes I know they are a lot of work. Yes I know they are expensive. And yes, they would just be giant pets!
- Go skydiving. I’m not going to lie, I hate the feeling of falling. It terrifies me. But better way to face my fear of free falling than to skydiving?
- Go cage diving in Hawaii with sharks. I just think that going cage diving with sharks is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and who wouldn’t want to see sharks up close and personal?
- Write and publish my own book.
- Learn how to surf, I love the ocean, and I have always wanted to learn how to surf, but I live on the West Coast, and the ocean is freezing.
- Find something I am passionate about, and start a nonprofit.
My ten year goals