Let’s be real for a second. Who doesn’t love a ten hour Netflix binge session right? But who else sits down on the couch or lays down in bed with a glass of wine a bowl of popcorn eager to start a new show only to find that you can’t find anything to watch.
Don’t worry, that’s where I come in, I am going to give you my top ten Netflix recommendations, so you can binge watch with ease.
- Topping off the list at number one is: “Someone great”. Now I know that this isn’t a series and you can’t binge watch it, but it is just too good to not be included on my list.
“Dumped by her long-term boyfriend, a music journalist recruits her two best friends for one last outrageous adventure in New York City before she moves to San Francisco.”
“Someone great” is a brutally honest portal of devastating heartbreak and friendship. Set in modern day New York City, this trio of friends certainly knows how to have fun.
2. “Outer Banks” whether you’ve heard of it already or not, “Outer Banks” is worth all of the hype. Trust me, when I first saw it all over Netflix I didn’t think that much of it, finally my friend told me that I had to watch it (shout out to Kylie)! After one episode I was hooked.
“A teenager enlists his three best friends to hunt for a legendary treasure linked to his father’s disappearance”
“Outer Banks” is set in no other than Outer Banks North Carolina! This show has successfully intertwined a story of friendship, first love, treasure hunting, and a who done it plot flawlessly! “Outer Banks” kept me on the edge of my seat from the very first episode to the last episode!
3. “Criminal Minds” I love this show for so many reasons, it got me through a horrible breakup, long road trips, and now quarantine. “Criminal Minds” follows a specialized team in the FBI called the Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU). As the team flies across the country to work on various different crimes, you begin to fall in love with the characters. “Criminal Minds” is a show that’s perfect if you love other shows like “NCIS” or “Law and Order SVU”.
4. “The Vampire Diaries” I remember watching TVD on TV when I was 16 years old. When I found out it was on Netflix I re-watched the entire series that spans 8 seasons. I am currently re-watching it for the first time. This show follows Elena Gilbert and the Salvatore brothers as they navigate murders, high school, first loves, and vampire life.
5. “Game of Thrones” . Listen, I lied. I said it was shows on Netflix, but I couldn’t help myself. Game of Thrones is just too good to not include. I wasn’t on the GOT bandwagon until last summer. My dad loves the show, and I would see bits and pieces of it and I always thought it was dumb and there was no story line, but oh was I wrong about that. I won’t go much into the plot of GOT because it’s better to just watch it for yourself, However, I will warn that this is a show that is on HBO and is very graphic. It’s also a show that you can’t mindlessly watch or you will miss something.